Monday, March 27, 2006

Cheap wine is evil


So there I was Thursday night. Tired but willing. Waiting for the right call from the right caller to take away the remains of the day and prepare me for my favorite kind of Fridays. You know, the ones when you're at work, but barely there. The ones were you're hungover, but dont mind the office BS because you're still kind of drunk. Anyway, the right caller never called. Instead, C. suggested drinks at his apt. He also suggested wine, so I stopped at my local ghetto jewel and bought a big bottle of what looked like a good deal. "We drink anything, no one will notice", I thought to myself. And by the middle of the first glass, we all made a comment about it. "What is this?" A. said. "Ughh" said C. "Yeah, it has a nasty aftertaste" I said. But we kept drinking. After that, 3 more (big) bottles of something else followed. They were white zinfandel, which is still cheap wine, but I consider it a "safe" cheap wine. The kind you buy when the drinking partner doesn't know shit about wine, and you dont need to impress. Anyway, by 2 a.m. I felt so f***ing drunk, I started drinking water and making trips to the bathroom. As soon as I felt better, I drove home (I know! I shouldn't have!) and the rest of the night was something not to be talked about. The thing is, by 4 p.m. Friday, I got one of the nastiest hungovers ever. I knew I was in trouble when by midnight, at a bar, everytime I took a sip of my vodka tonic, my legs would start shaking!... Is there such thing as body rejection to alcohol?. Somehow Im glad I went thru this as recently (after reading "A million little pieces" and "Se esta haciendo tarde") been thinking about the effect of drugs on people and what a crappy experience I had when I did some, years ago.

1 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger MEMOIRS DE UNA PINCHE TRASHY said...

No there is no such thing as body rejection to alcohol THANX GOD, u just are not used to, and thanx life u don’t do drugs they are so bad. Gosh I love em all!!!

P.S
U drove drunk?? Are you OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home